Welcome back to Music for 2018!
I trust everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday break and are feeling well-rested to begin another year at St Bernardine's.
A couple of things to note:
- All students participate in classroom Music lessons.
Prep, Year 1 & Year 2: 2x 30 minute lessons per week
Year 3 & 4: 1x 45 minute lesson per week
Year 5 & 6: 1x 30 minute lesson per week
- Classroom Music lessons begin in Week 2. The classroom teachers will let you know when your child is attending their music lesson/s!
- Students from Year 2 through to Year 6 all require a pencil case/pencil/book for Music class. Students simply re-use their writing tools from the previous year. Year 2 students should note their was an extra pencil case to purchase on their book list - this is for Music! Should students not have the required equipment or need equipment replaced, a note will be sent home. Thank you for your understanding!
- Any student who is interested in furthering their musical development is encouraged to enrol in our Instrumental Music Program and/or join our School Choir! Information and enrolment forms regarding the Instrumental Program with Creative Kidz can be obtained from the school office.
- Our St Bernardine's School Choir is open to students in Years 4 - 6. We rehearse every Tuesday morning at 8am in the Music room. Rehearsals will commence during Term 1. More information to come!
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me through the office or via email.
I look forward to sharing in a musical journey with your child/ren this year!
Yours in music,